Before life gets away from me (read – I get busy with third trimester and spending time with people in Houston), I wanted to share some of the memorable moments from my Spring Break.
- The trek (breakout session) I led at the Seattle QuakeZone went so well. Getting to listen to teens talk and ask questions about justice is pretty great.
- Speaking of the event, it was the last YE event that I attended! Crazy to realize, but got to have some great times with the other staff/volunteers/band/alum of YE throughout the weekend
- Also, as a morning person, on Sunday of the event, I was up too early, but got to catch a brief sunrise. (Brief because its the northwest and was cloudy/rainy almost always). So it was extra striking to get the glimpse of sun before the day started.
- Portland, Oregon is beautiful. I LOVED getting to spend time there with Annie & Alex, and the waterfalls…. I could have just stayed there – if I had the appropriate rain gear.
- Surprisingly good prayer time while doing a labyrinth at the Grotto with Annie. Thought/prayed a lot about the future, direction, learning from the past and trusting God.
- While waiting in the Portland airport, there were some kids playing together – one girl and two other sisters. The individual girl thought her plane was boarding so she left, then ran back to say goodbye and give hugs. Her plane was not boarding, so she ran back and the three giggled and continued running around.
- Reunions are good, and kept happening throughout my break. Including one where my co-workers drove with me to meet up with the Cooleys in Wisconsin. Good food, better catching up and sharing life with these awesome people.
- In all four states – WA, OR, MN & TX – I had awesome opportunities to experience hospitality as friends opened up their houses to me and bought me meals. A joy to spend time with them – and to try local foods! (food trucks, pho & VooDoo donuts)
- Sunday – time to catch up with the team in Houston and relax before jumping back into the full Mission Year life!